This category, previously named “Malles Moto” becomes “Original by Motul”.
It refers to bikes and quads pilots competing without any kind of assistance. A driver accompanied by someone in-race, as assistance or Media will not be eligible to participate in this category.
A specific competition rule applies for competitors under this category; infraction will result in disqualification from this category.
It is reserved to the first 30 registrations to this category.
The Organization commits to play the role of an assistance team for the pilots of this category through the following dispositive:
- Provision of 1 trunk per competitor, it should be used for storage of the competitor’s ownings (mechanical);
- Transport, for each competitor, of the following items: 1 trunk, 1 set of wheels, 1 sleeping tent, 1 travel bag, 1 set of tyres;
- Free use of the generators, compressors and tool-boxes;
- Easy access to the race’s information;
- Provision of 1 headlight.
Motul, major partner of the Dakar, wishes to support The Original competitors.
By sponsoring this category, Motul will make available for each of its registered drivers:
- 1 sleeping tent – 2 persons – 2 seconds,
- 1 environmental carpet,
- 1 travel bag 90L,
- 1 backpack 25L,
- 1 cap,
- 1 hygiene kit (muscle gel, wipes, disinfecting gel, ear plugs, sleeping mask).
Delivery of this material will be defined at a later stage.
Motul will also provide the pilots with products from the brand.
For more information, please refer to the article 10.6 of the Bike/Quad specific regulations.