2018 Mitsubishi Motors Desafío Inca: A world-class rally
September 12 th 2018 - 12:13
With just two days to go before the start of the 2018 Mitsubishi Motors Desafío Inca, in the Ica desert, the organizers are ready to welcome the 115 competitors entered in this third edition of the Dakar Series in Peru.
The 115 entrants in the 2018 Mitsubishi Motors Desafío Inca come from 19 countries.
91 vehicles will be present for technical and administrative checks on September 13: 32 cars,
47 bikes, 11 quads and 1 truck.
A staff of 90 people will oversee the organisation of the rally and will have 20 vehicles at its disposal. The organisation will also have 2 helicopters for continuous monitoring of the three stages.
A staff of 250 people will look after the safety of the rally and will have 40 vehicles at its disposal positioned in the appropriate zones of the rally.
The rally organizers will also provide a medical and paramedical assistance service consisting of 17 people divided into 6 dedicated vehicles.
Thursday September 13
- 8:00-12:00: Technical and administrative checks in Ica club social
- 17:00-19:00: Start podium in Huacachina
Friday September 14
- 7:00-18:00: Stage 1 in Ica Desert
Saturday September 15
- 7:00-18:00: Stage 2 in Ica Desert
Sunday September 16
- 7:00-14:00: Stage 3 in Ica Desert
- 17:00-19:00: Arrival podium in Huacachina
- 21:00: Evening Cocktail in Ica club social
How to follow the rally?
TV distribution in 190 countries and on 35 international channels
Coverage in Peru
- Rally news coverage on ATV, América TV and RPP TV
- A special programme on Auto TV for Movistar Deportes
- A 26-minute final highlights show on Fox Sports and Claro Sports
- 13 pan-regional channels: Eurosport, Eurosport Asia, Motorvision, Sportklub, FlowSports, Fox Sports Latin America, Claro Sports, Startimes, OSN, Fox Sports Africa, Fox Sports Asia and Neo Sport.
- Coverage on long-time Dakar channels: RTL7 in The Netherlands, NBCSN in the USA, SKY TV in New Zealand, El Doce in Argentina, etc.
- 1 TV/digital distributor, Motorsport.tv, will follow the rally with news and a programme following the conclusion of the rally.
- 5 press agencies will distribute images of the rally around the world: Reuters, Eurovision, Perform, SNTV, AFPTV
3 social media networks for keeping up to date on the action:
Official Facebook Page, to follow the essentials of the rally
- Stage information of the day
- The best videos of the day
- The best photos of the day
Official Twitter Account, to follow the rally live
- All the news live
- Live videos and interviews
Official Instagram Account to go behind the scenes of the rally
- The best photos and videos
- Behind the scenes of the rally
- The atmosphere in the bivouac