Are admissible on invitation, and are considered as a rider, all persons, of whatever nationality, over 18 years of age, holding an international FIA or FIM Off-Road Rally Licence.
Each person registered on the Dakar Rally, race and assistance categories, will have to comply with the administrative obligations required at registration.
Whereas A.S.O. reserves the right to:
- reserve its right to refuse any candidature in accordance with its own selection criteria, including but not restricted to:
- the candidate’s respectability and moral standards;
- the candidate’s merit and sporting results, his or her record within the context of the previous competitions;
- the candidate’s representativeness
- logistical constraints (for assistance category).
- take also into account other criteria which it considers should be included, in accordance with the sporting and economic imperatives to which the Dakar responds.
So as to ensure the best possible course conditions, a limited number of competitors are invited to participate in the Dakar in each category, including assistance of which A.S.O. is the only judge.
In addition to the General Conditions of Admission, the Motorbikes and Quads categories are subject to a special selection procedure open to all riders.Prérequis pour se présenter aux sélections:
1) All candidates are invited to fill in a selection questionnaire at the opening of the registration file. It will inform ASO about their experience and track record in motorcycle/Quad practice in competition, including Enduro, Baja and Rally Raid. Participation in one or more of the following races is required:
- A qualifying race for the Dakar under the "Road to Dakar" label
- A leg of the FIM World Championships and/or any other event on the FIM calendar or their national calendar.
- Several legs of the Baja World Championship
2) "Rookies" candidates will also have to submit a selection file:
All the competitors in Motorbike and Quad categories who wish to enter for the first time in the Dakar will have to send us, by mail or post, a file presenting their project.
Their experience will be particularly studied. So, this file will have to present the prize list, the confirmations of participation and the copies of the classifications.
Discover an example of a Dakar selection file: Dakar selection file
ASO has the right to refuse any enrolment of a competitor who cannot prove a minimum of recent experience in practicing motorcycle/quad in competition, or who does not have the physical ability to race a Dakar.
Reminder, in order to proceed with the selection of amateur riders in motorbike and quad categories, the 20th of July 2020 is the deadline for reception the completed files in these categories. Only the files which the first payment has been received could access to the process of selection.