The order of the safety equipment is one of the most important steps in your Dakar preparation. Please find below a brief of each mandatory equipment (costs included in the vehicle fee) and respective order forms which are to send back to our suppliers before November 10th. If necessary, you may add your optional choices on these forms, knowing that these costs are not included in the registration fee.
This equipment will be mounted before boarding in Le Havre on 23th & 24th of November or during the technical scrutineering in Lima for the vehicles which will not be loaded in Le Havre which should recover their safety equipment on January 3rd in the morning, in the technical checks in Lima.
You must then present your vehicles with the accessories mounted ready to fix the equipment.
COMPULSORY MATERIAL FOR 2018 DAKAR:
- BIKE / QUAD :
- IRITRACK standard
- SARSAT DISTRESS BEACONS
- GPS UNIK 2
- CAR / TRUCK:
- IRITRACK new generation
- SARSAT DISTRESS BEACONS
- GPS UNIK 2
- ASSISTANCE VEHICLE :
- TRIPY GPS TRMCC
IRITRACK - DISTRESS BEACON - SMALLTRACK
Iritrack is a safety instrument and must therefore be connected directly to the battery.
Iritrack enables real-time monitoring of positions and tracking of competitors, thereby making it easier to follow the race.
Iritrack enables you to transmit qualified information to the race headquarter (PCO) in real time. In the case of a problem, you can be pinpointed by the organization and even talk with them.
Fields of application are as follows:
- Triggering or requesting emergency help in case of a serious incident (for you or for another competitor),
- Transmission of an alarm and/or telephone contact with the PCO.
There are 2 possible modes:
- Transmission of an alarm and/or telephone contact with the PCO,
- Automatic: if a brutal shock or a prolonged stop of the vehicle is detected, the system transmits an alarm message to the PCO indicating your GPS position. With the telephone function, the PCO can contact you without any action on your part (automatic receiver pick-up and inbuilt microphone) to establish a dialogue.
A 1500€ deposit will be asked for the Iritrack.
CAR / SXS
It is necessary to pass order for the following support accessories :
IRITRACK accessories (race vehicles : power cables, antennas, supports…)
SARSAT DISTRESS BEACON
The SARSAT distress beacon is mandatory for all race vehicles (cars, SxS, trucks, bikes and quads).
A 300€ deposit will be asked for the distress beacon. In case of damage of the distress beacon, the deposit will be charged.
CARS, SXS, TRUCKS, BIKE/QUAD
SMALLTRACK - BIKE/QUAD
SmallTrack monitors your GPS location and speed automatically, sending an alert to the PCO if your vehicle stops, takes a big hit, or experiences an abnormal inclination. It is compulsory for all BIKES and QUADS.
A 700€ deposit will be asked for the Smalltrack.
If you don’t already have the SMALLTRACK support, make sure to order online on Marlink e-shop on the Bike/Quad page
All the accessories are available on the e-shop.
GPS-SENTINEL UNIK II
Sentinel is a safety instrument and must therefore be connected directly to the battery. Sentinel is a safety system fitted to all racing vehicles. It enables to warn the competitors on the following cases:
- The vehicle behind wants to overtake: when the driver of a car or truck presses on the push-button control, a signal is transmitted to the competing bike/quad/car/truck that he wants to overtake (range: 150 meters). The driver about to be overtaken receives an audible warning.
- Accident warning alarm: if a vehicle represents a danger to competitors arriving on the sport (concealed behind a dune, rollover after turn), the pilot must press the two alarm buttons on his Sentinel. Then coming competitors are thus informed by an Audible Buzzer plus a Flashing Light.
TRIPY GPS TRMCC – ELECTRONIC ROADBOOK FOR ASSISTANCE
TRIPY GPS TRMCC is a mandatory tool for assistance & press vehicles registered to the Dakar.
This qualified GPS based navigation roadbook offers:
- Automatic display of the roadbook notes (including instantaneous km countdown),
- A Tripmaster function,
- Warning for overspeed or upcoming itinerary danger,
- Warning for quitting the programmed roadbook and navigation assistance to rejoin the main itinerary.
Mounting kits will be delivered in Le Havre or Lima for an immediate assembly.
Tripy will be delivered in Lima and must be given back the last day of the rally. A 1000€ deposit will be required.
Each assistance & press crew must buy a Tripy mounting Kit on TRIPY WEBSITE.
More information HERE.