1 MILLION DOLLARS FOR UN TECHO
- With “Un Techo”, the rally’s action is focused on emergency housing. For the eighth year in a row, the Dakar has provided its support to this charity which implements wide-ranging initiatives. This will still be the case in 2017.
HERE ARE THE KEY POINTS OF THE RALLY’S CONTRIBUTION:
- 1 237 000$ donated since 2009 by the Dakar and its competitors
- 350 emergency houses built thanks to these donations
- Social reintegration projects set up for families benefitting from such aid (literacy development structures, computer equipment, etc.)
- Competitors and sponsors joining in and supporting “Un Techo”, following in the footsteps of the organisers. Additionally, as in 2012, the Qatari Nasser Al Attiyah handed over a cheque for 100,000 dollars.
Water purification system by KÄRCHER
Last summer, Peru was hit by important flooding. The Dakar organisation and its partner brand Kärcher have displayed great solidarity since the very beginning of this natural disaster, concretely acting against the drinkable water crisis on the Peruvian territory. Together, the Dakar rally and Kärcher donated a water purification system producing up to 13,000 litres of water a day, and a field kitchen to support the primary needs of the people the most affected by these heavy rainfalls.